a compassionate, spiritual approach to therapy
Jeffrey W. Smith Psy. D. MFT | Call for a private intake session...
The Strategic Counseling Model is built from the ground up on a five-tiered model for problem identification, generating motion, creating and maintaining action, thus generating healthy change. The five tiers are neural (brain) science, attachment theory (connection & intimacy), emotional trauma recovery (of PTSD using EMDR), spiritual awareness (Mindfulness) and physical health (self-care).
| ||Jeffrey W. Smith Psy. D. MFT | Kindness | Acceptance | Intuition |Dr. Smith has created a soft, compassionate practice that utilizes modern science and technology,. The result is a more spiritual approach that focuses as much on the trauma as the kindness, acceptance and intuitive living in all of us. His practice focuses on...
- -Trauma (PTSD)
- -Borderline personality disorders
- -Childhood ADD/ADHD
- Panic Attacks?
What is EMDR & why do I use it?
EMDR is an acronym for Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing. EMDR is a method to treat people who have disturbing or traumatic memories. EMDR has been extensively researched and proven effective for the treatment of trauma, specifically for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Learn more about EMDR here. Questions? Please call Dr. Smith.
Could EMDR help me?
A growing body of evidence is showing that many psychological conditions, including depression, often start with a stressful or traumatic experience. We are finding that EMDR Therapy with a Certified EMDR therapist can help significantly with symptoms of PTSD, phobias, depression, anxiety, panic, early and complex adverse experiences in childhood, and much more. Questions? Please call Dr. Smith.
Jeffrey W. Smith Psy. D. MFT | Specialties
Dr. Smith is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) and has been practicing psychotherapy for over 21 years. He provides therapeutic services to individuals, couples, families and groups and offers treatment for a diverse range of conditions.
- -Treating Complex PTSD (adult trauma and family of origin childhood abuse)
- -Attention Deficit and other disruptive behavior disorders (helping families understand and treat ADD and ADHD)
- -Recovery groups for men and women - sexual compulsions / intimacy avoidance
- -Diagnosing and Treating Mood Disorders (depression, OCD and anxiety)
- -Building effective communication skills – Verbal & Non Verbal
- -Treating Victims of Crime (approved VOC provider)
- -Public Speaking – Educational seminars, Marriage Enrichment, Men’s Issues, Accessing Non-Local Perceptions, Alternative Healing & Brain Imaging used in Private Practice
- -Performance Enhancement – Life Coaching
- -Borderline Personality (women’s groups) - Highly Sensitive People (HSP)
SELF-PAY | PPO | TRI-CARE
Call for a private intake session...